Thursday, March 10, 2011

AHWOSG- passages that are good for analysis


“None of it s his fault. Though he’s relatively neat-brought up in Montessori, al these careful children and their butcher block cubbyholes-I’m converting him slowly, irrevocably, to my way, the slovenly way and the results are getting a little gruesome.” (pg. 81)

“I had expected open arms from all, everyone grateful that we, as God’s tragic envoys, had stepped down from the clouds to consider dwelling in their silly little building.” (pg. 73)

“that your guilt, and their disapproval, is a very middlebrow, middle-class, Midwestern sort of disapproval. (pg. 115)

“The wallet is gone. My father has slipped further down the well. The wallet was the constant reminder; every time I used it, it was always there in my pocket.” (Pg. 162)

“How could I have left? My parents never left us as children. They didn’t go out. They stayed at home, we ensconced, at home, in the family room, reliable, he on the couch, she on her chair-“ (pg. 162)

No comments:

Post a Comment